Accounts Payable Clerk
|Location:||201 N State Street, , |
|Job Type:||Hospitality, Hotel/Resort|
The Accounts Payable Clerk handles all AP tasks for 4 hotels within the SMASHotels family.
This position requires the ability to work effectively under pressure, multi-task, and meet established deadlines. Actively participate in a work environment that promotes teamwork, mutual respect, accountability. You'll need an ability to sustain our motivating work environment driving our Whatever It Takes attitude. Have a strong passion for excellence and guest service.
Responsibilities will include:
This position requires the ability to work effectively under pressure, multi-task, and meet established deadlines. Actively participate in a work environment that promotes teamwork, mutual respect, accountability. Produces weekly check runs such that priority checks are paid timely. Ensure the accuracy of expense coding. Reports weekly cash requirements to controller prior to check run. You'll need an ability to sustain our motivating work environment driving our Whatever It Takes attitude. Have a strong passion for excellence and guest service.
1. Represent the hotels and company in a positive manner at all times.
2. Processing all payables for our full and limited service hotels.
3. Ensure that invoices are properly routed to the various department heads/properties for payment approval; ensure that PO/invoice information matches before routing for payment.
4. Ensuring that use tax, if applicable, is applied.
5. Ensuring the accuracy of general ledger coding.
6. Ensuring that controls are maintained to prevent duplicate payments.
7. Setting up new vendors and processing W-9's, as well as processing 1099's at year-end.
8. Performs all other job related duties as requested.
9. Suggest and implement policies related to continuous improvement and consistency throughout the department.
10. Maintain hotel contracts and alert management when contracts are approaching their expiration date.
11. Perform within budgeted guidelines to obtain top line revenues while controlling expenses to maintain P&L expectations.
12. Capable of processing 200-300 invoices on a weekly basis.
13. Demonstrate financial responsibility by monitoring budgetary guidelines.
14. Exemplify the hotel's Standard Code of Conduct and all other regulations established by management and Employee Handbook.
1. Communicate in the primary language of the hotels.
2. Display the proper uniform/dress at all times and be well groomed.
3. Arrive to work on time, and in a consistent and predictable fashion.
4. Be flexible since we are running 24/7 hotel operations.
5. Experience with M3 is preferred, as well as previous exposure to the hotel industry.