Guest Services Representative
|Job Type:||Hospitality, Hotel/Resort|
Deliver brilliant guest service each day, each night and every time in-between by championing our 6 Xs Hotter Service Philosophy. Creates a welcoming, playful and thoughtful service environment. Responds in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services. Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
Responsibilities will include:
We are looking for those who celebrate culture, humor, wit, thoughtful and attentive service and team orientation. You'll need an ability to create a motivating work environment driving our Whatever It Takes attitude. Have a strong passion for excellence and guest service. Strive to continuously evolve and improve your performance in order to provide a Four Diamond level of service for all guests each and every day. Must have high school graduate level mathematical aptitude and know standard cash handling procedures. Must have previous experience working with the public and acquired strong customer service skills with a friendly, welcoming attitude, preferably in the hospitality industry.
Responsibilities include, but are never limited to:
1. Celebrate our culture of individualism, engagement, having fun and evolving theWit experience for every guest every time.
2. Recognize the importance of literature, humor, music, science, theatre and culinary arts in making theWit more experience than hotel.
3. Represent the hotel in a positive manner at all times.
4. Perform check-in/out procedures for arriving and departing guests on a daily basis using both manual and computerized methods.
5. Calculate and/or post monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash handling methods and established procedures in order to present the customer with timely and precise hotel charges upon check-out and maintain accurate hotel records.
6. Answer guest inquiries and accept reservations, both in person and by telephone, by accurately communicating hotel rates and information and by using suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
7. Maintain strong guest service skills by being knowledgeable of all in-house and area functions in order to provide our guests with accurate information.
8. Operate the PBX equipment to provide guests with timely and efficient service.
9. Process all guest mail, messages and faxes in order to ensure the information is received by the guests in the most timely and accurate method possible.
10. Communicate the necessary information to associates in order to enhance department operations and guest service.
11. Exemplify the hotel's Standard Code of Conduct and all other regulations established by management and Employee Handbook.
12. Lead theWit experience as instructed by the hotel leaders.
1. Communicate in the primary language of the hotel.
2. Show off the proper uniform/dress at all times and be well groomed.
3. Be flexible since you are running a 24/7 hotel operation.
4. Must be able to lift and carry thirty pounds.