|Location:||228 E. Ontario Street, Chicago, IL|
|Job Type:||Hospitality, Hotel/Resort|
SMASHotels is seeking a talented Security Officer to join our one-of-a-kind luxury, lifestyle hotel that celebrates a creative class of consumers seeking artistically curated travel, dining and hospitality experiences. This unique property currently under construction and located in the heart of the Chicago's Magnificent Mile, is being developed by the creators of famed theWit Hotel in Chicago's Loop and scheduled to open in April 2017. It will be a member of Marriott's elite luxury Autograph Collection® Hotel.
Responsibilities will include:
Ensuring the safety of guests and team members and the security of the hotel and property in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
* Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions. Requires verbal communication using pager and two way radio, bending, stooping and kneeling.
* Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, and assisting with door lock problems. Coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner.
* Handle undesired conduct and potential violations of hotel policy as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, associates, patrons and property. Requires grasping, lifting and or carrying or otherwise moving persons, packages, luggage, wheelchairs and safety equipment using manual dexterity of hands.
* Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting, or loitering around building. Conduct walk through observations of entire hotel. Promote safe work practices.
* Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority.
* Observe the security monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
* Memorize and monitor life safety system installed at property including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location of fire extinguisher and sprinklers.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* Minimum of one year security related background required.
* Current CPR certification and First Aid training required.
* Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Able communicate well with guests.
* Must have a flexible availability