|Job Type:||Hospitality, Restaurant|
Prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe sanitary work environment.
Responsibilities will include:
We are looking for those who celebrate culture, humor, wit, thoughtful and attentive service and team orientation. This position requires strong leadership skills by those who are not afraid to be imaginative or inspired. You'll need an ability to create a motivating work environment driving our Whatever It Takes attitude. Have a strong passion for excellence and guest service. Strive to continuously evolve and improve your staff performance in order to provide a Four Diamond level of service for all guests each and every day.
- Prepare food items according to banquet event orders of consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards; complete mis en place and set-up station for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner service.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not prepare beyond estimated needs.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures; check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up; note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages; return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables; assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per policies.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Strong knife skills required
- Ability to take full ownership of one's station from preparation to cooking on the line
- Culinary arts degree
- 3-5 years experience in Culinary
- Previous work experience in a hotel or comparable setting preferred