Server - State and Lake Chicago Tavern
|Job Type:||Hospitality, Hotel/Resort|
We are looking for those who celebrate culture, humor, wit, thoughtful and attentive service and team orientation. You'll need an ability to create a motivating work environment driving our Whatever It Takes attitude. Have a strong passion for excellence and guest service. Strive to continuously evolve and improve your staff performance in order to provide a Four Diamond level of service for all guests each and every day.
Responsibilities will include:
Candidate must be extremely guest focused and have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), 1 year minimum food and beverage experience, be attentive to detail and computer skills are helpful but not required; flexible hours.
Food Handler's Certification Requirement:
As a requirement by the Illinois Department of Health (Section 750.570 of the Illinois Food Service Sanitation Code) all food handling employees are required obtain a food handling certification within 30 days of hire. Certifications must be accredited by the American National Standards Institute and can be completed online within a 24 hour period. For more information, visit the Illinois Department of Public Health at www.dph.illinois.gov
• Present menu, answer questions, and make suggestions regarding food, beverage and service; communicate guest orders including any special needs or requests to the kitchen using the hotel's point-of-sales system; coordinate food timings; check completed kitchen orders with the guest's original order; transport items to the guest table in a timely manner to ensure proper food quality.
• Anticipate guest needs, ascertain satisfaction, and offer suggestions, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests.
• Properly and accurately close guest checks; process cash and credit card payments; properly settle voided checks or complimentary meals.
• Breakdown, clean and set-up of tables, buffets, and food stations.
• Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 2-3 years related experience and/or training
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Knowledge of the Micros POS system.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. Frequent climbing, balancing, stopping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling may be necessary.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Regular and reliable attendance.