|Location:||201 N State St, Chicago, IL|
|Job Type:||Hospitality, Hotel/Resort|
Prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe sanitary work environment.
Responsibilities will include:
We are looking for those who celebrate culture, humor, wit, thoughtful and attentive service and team orientation. This position requires strong leadership skills by those who are not afraid to be imaginative or inspired. You'll need an ability to create a motivating work environment driving our Whatever It Takes attitude. Have a strong passion for excellence and guest service. Strive to continuously evolve and improve your staff performance in order to provide a Four Diamond level of service for all guests each and every day.
• Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
• Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
• Date all food containers and rotate as per theWit standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
• Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
• Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
• Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage.
• Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
• Strong knife skills required
• Ability to take full ownership of one's station from preparation to cooking on the line
• Culinary arts degree
• 3-5 years experience in Culinary
• Previous work experience in a hotel or comparable setting preferred
• Regular and reliable attendance