|Location:||228 E. Ontario Street , Chicago, IL|
|Job Type:||Hospitality, Hotel/Resort|
SMASHotels is seeking a passionate, service focused Maintenance Engineer for its' one-of-a-kind luxury, lifestyle hotel that celebrates a creative class of consumers seeking artistically curated travel, dining and hospitality experiences. SMASHotels has set its sights high on competing with some of Chicago's most elite hotel's and restaurants, when it opens its new, ground up, one-of-kind, Hotel EMC2, and its marquee restaurant, the Albert, in Spring of 2017.
The new hotel and restaurant celebrates a creative class of consumers seeking artistically curated travel, dining and hospitality experiences. This unique property is located in the heart of the Chicago's Magnificent Mile, and is being developed by the creator of theWit Hotel. Hotel EMC2 is a member of Marriott's elite luxury Autograph Collection Hotel.
To view images of the hotel, visit our website at: www.hotelemc2.com .
Responsibilities will include:
The Maintenance Engineer assists in the maintenance, repair, refurbishment, renovation, remodeling and general upkeep in order to keep the facility functional and attractive to prospective customers.
Key responsibilities of a Maintenance Engineer include:
• Responding to engineering service calls
• Completing maintenance request work orders from all departments in a timely basis
• Performing preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis
• Ensuring that equipment is working properly
• Completing other special projects as assigned by the Chief Maintenance Engineer
The minimum qualifications for the Maintenance Engineer position are:
• Basic knowledge of painting, drywall, HVAC, and plumbing is preferred
• General knowledge of machines and basic hand and power tools
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Ability to stand, walk and move around during entire shift
• Must be able to lift, push, and pull items that weigh up to 100 pounds
• Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels and instructions, receive job assignments and communicate progress and/or completion of assignment, and basic guest requests
• Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends